View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
hpluvr037
Dark Force Defense League
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finnlay 'Finn' Cameron Muir
Fifth Year
x5
Ravenpuff | Cap'n Crunch | Bedtime Queen | O Minion, My Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
Emmylou smiled and nodded once again. "I'll have some Earl Grey tea, please. I've never tried it before." Emmylou wasn't much of a tea drinking her. She loved tea but she just didn't feel the need to drink it all the time was all but her grandmother Duchannes couldn't live without tea and had a whole collection of tea that she was always drinking.

The sixth years dark blue eyes widened and a big smile grew on her face. All the jobs that she had done were so different and seemed like a lot of fun. "Was officiating the Quidditch matches fun? It seems like it would be fun most days." Unless a team lost and they blamed you for it when it was their own fault. Emmy didn't know if she would be able to do a job like that. Professor Turner was making everything seem like it was alright and Emmylou wasn't freaking out in her head a much which made her really happy.

the blonde shrugged. "It's just last year around Christmas my some of my asked me if I had any idea of what I wanted to do after Hogwarts and they said it was okay if I didn't have any ideas because I still had time to think about it..." Emmylou paused for a few seconds. Her family wasn't one that was going to push her into doing anything that she didn't want to do. "...It's just my mom...she doesn't think I'll do good at teaching..." It made her feel bad when her mother said that to her but Emmy knew that her opinion didn't matter but she knew the Professor would probably be shocked her hear that. "I mean...I don't care what my mom thinks...she didn't raise me...my aunt and my dad have and some of my uncles too." She nodded. She had a huge family on her dad's side that was always there for her. "I really want to be a teacher but I just don't know where to start...or what I should teach."
After preparing her own cup, Tiara set to work on her visitor's. "Really, never? Well, there is a first time for everything, I suppose." Leaf tea was not all that practical in an office setting, in Tiara's opinion; she pulled a single-serve bag out of the packet. "Here you are, dear," she said as she pushed the saucer and cup across the desk.

Tiara could tell that Emmylou had not known much of her professor's history until now. She supposed that if she stayed here long enough, there would be no students left who remembered her a the Quidditch official if the flying ban remained in place. An odd thought, that one. "Officiating was.. challenging," she mused. "They weren't joking when they said the biggest danger was neck strain," she chuckled. Just to prove it, she turned her neck to the side and several loud cracks could be heard.

Tanner took several sips of tea as Emmylou continued. "They're correct; you do not need to know yet." Once more she took a sip. "And I do admire your independence, not needing others' approval." The girl would likely be shocked to hear her say that. "However, those who spend the most time with you often know what would suit you, so I would not recommend wholly discounting your mother's thoughts. That being said, perhaps there is a way to test the waters before committing yourself? Maybe some tutoring, or ask a professor if you can teach part of one of their classes." That could accomplish two things: proving the idea to her mother and proving the idea to herself.

Thanks, Kitakins <3