View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
MuggleDinosaur
Dark Force Defense League

Erkling

Slytherin
Bre Bear | Asherine | Whisper | Kemmy | Raeney | Madyra | Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpluvr037 View Post
Tiara didn't exactly pride herself on a large selection of teas. She kept it simple, and that was plenty fine for her. "Not extensive, but I have.." She rummaged around a bit to confirm before rattling off, "..English Breakfast, Earl Grey, your basic green, and a rooibos from South Africa." She had found those sachets in the desk, no doubt left by a previous occupant. She seemed to remember hearing of a connection there somehow.

Two questions in one visit. How efficient! "Fire away then, my dear!" she said enthusiastically. The woman listened quietly, pouring herself some water in the process. "My dear, I never intended to be a professor at all!" she laughed. "The first thing I ever wanted to do was be a professional gymnast; an unfortunate injury ended that dream, which is how I ended up at Hogwarts. Then I found Quidditch and went into officiating, which I eventually got out of as well. I am now on my third different career path, and who knows? I may go through five more before I decide to stop working!" she finished, chuckling.

Deciding it was safe now, she took a sip of her tea to allow Emmylou some time to process this story. "My point is twofold: First, yes. It is a wise idea to have a backup plan. Sometimes life throws all sorts of crazy at you, and before you know it you'll end up doing something you never would have dreamed about!" Like teaching arithmancy at Hogwarts, for example.. "I suggest you continue to explore other topics in your education and form a broad base of knowledge to become a well-rounded person. That leaves other options open to you if need be." Again, like teaching arithmancy at Hogwarts.

"Second, know this. If you are passionate about something and have felt that way for as long as you suggest, then you won't be satisfied until you either try and succeed or try and fail. My advice is to focus on the pursuit of your passion." She took another sip of tea and then resumed looking Emmylou straight in the eye. "A driven individual, one filled with that passion.. in my experience, they hardly ever fail."
Emmylou smiled and nodded once again. "I'll have some Earl Grey tea, please. I've never tried it before." Emmylou wasn't much of a tea drinking her. She loved tea but she just didn't feel the need to drink it all the time was all but her grandmother Duchannes couldn't live without tea and had a whole collection of tea that she was always drinking.

The sixth years dark blue eyes widened and a big smile grew on her face. All the jobs that she had done were so different and seemed like a lot of fun. "Was officiating the Quidditch matches fun? It seems like it would be fun most days." Unless a team lost and they blamed you for it when it was their own fault. Emmy didn't know if she would be able to do a job like that. Professor Turner was making everything seem like it was alright and Emmylou wasn't freaking out in her head a much which made her really happy.

the blonde shrugged. "It's just last year around Christmas my some of my asked me if I had any idea of what I wanted to do after Hogwarts and they said it was okay if I didn't have any ideas because I still had time to think about it..." Emmylou paused for a few seconds. Her family wasn't one that was going to push her into doing anything that she didn't want to do. "...It's just my mom...she doesn't think I'll do good at teaching..." It made her feel bad when her mother said that to her but Emmy knew that her opinion didn't matter but she knew the Professor would probably be shocked her hear that. "I mean...I don't care what my mom thinks...she didn't raise me...my aunt and my dad have and some of my uncles too." She nodded. She had a huge family on her dad's side that was always there for her. "I really want to be a teacher but I just don't know where to start...or what I should teach."

i got a heart like a truck, it's been drug through the mud, runs on dreams
& gasoline & that ole highway holds the key, it's got a lead foot down when it's leaving

lord knows it's taken a hell of a beating, a little bit of love is all that it's needing