View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
hpluvr037
Dark Force Defense League
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finnlay 'Finn' Cameron Muir
Fifth Year
x5
Default Erm that got long.. Can you tell I've had this same convo with RL students? XD
Ravenpuff | Cap'n Crunch | Bedtime Queen | O Minion, My Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
Emmylou smiled and took a seat. "Oh, thank you." The sixth year beamed and nodded. "I would love some tea. What kind do you have?" Emmylou was very picky with teas that she liked and didn't like or maybe more along the lines of certain teas made her fall asleep when they weren't supposed to. "I actually have two questions and the first one I guess is more of an opinion because I've been asking other professors and so far they've been very helpful but saying some different things." Emmy paused before she asked the question.

"I want to be a teacher or even a professor like you are but...what if that doesn't work out for me? Most of my friends have back up plans and I don't. I've just always known that I've wanted to be a teacher."
Tiara didn't exactly pride herself on a large selection of teas. She kept it simple, and that was plenty fine for her. "Not extensive, but I have.." She rummaged around a bit to confirm before rattling off, "..English Breakfast, Earl Grey, your basic green, and a rooibos from South Africa." She had found those sachets in the desk, no doubt left by a previous occupant. She seemed to remember hearing of a connection there somehow.

Two questions in one visit. How efficient! "Fire away then, my dear!" she said enthusiastically. The woman listened quietly, pouring herself some water in the process. "My dear, I never intended to be a professor at all!" she laughed. "The first thing I ever wanted to do was be a professional gymnast; an unfortunate injury ended that dream, which is how I ended up at Hogwarts. Then I found Quidditch and went into officiating, which I eventually got out of as well. I am now on my third different career path, and who knows? I may go through five more before I decide to stop working!" she finished, chuckling.

Deciding it was safe now, she took a sip of her tea to allow Emmylou some time to process this story. "My point is twofold: First, yes. It is a wise idea to have a backup plan. Sometimes life throws all sorts of crazy at you, and before you know it you'll end up doing something you never would have dreamed about!" Like teaching arithmancy at Hogwarts, for example.. "I suggest you continue to explore other topics in your education and form a broad base of knowledge to become a well-rounded person. That leaves other options open to you if need be." Again, like teaching arithmancy at Hogwarts.

"Second, know this. If you are passionate about something and have felt that way for as long as you suggest, then you won't be satisfied until you either try and succeed or try and fail. My advice is to focus on the pursuit of your passion." She took another sip of tea and then resumed looking Emmylou straight in the eye. "A driven individual, one filled with that passion.. in my experience, they hardly ever fail."

Thanks, Kitakins <3