View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:56 PM

Post Emma Watson in first promo from drama "Colonia", talks writing HeForShe event speech

The first official image from Emma Watson's upcoming movie Colonia was released by Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter this week, which featured the Harry Potter actress (Lena in the feature) with costar Michael Nyqvist (who plays German sect leader and nemesis Paul Schäfer). The image, along with a few tidbits from the set, courtesy of Watsonuncensored's translation, can be seen here.

Quote:
On the scene depicted in the photo above: Nyqvist said, "I see this as a fight to the death between Lena and Schäfer where everyone is trying to crack the other mentally, says Emma Watson, who asked the Swede to not tell how he was going to react in scenes that would become more authentic.
"He took it, and went loose with everything; kicked me, stomped, shouted 'sit, stand, sit,' and everything is possible. While this is Michael Paul Schäfer to a man who can also a very good drinker," says Emma Watson

"Most screenplays are about a damsel in distress rescued by a male knight in shining armor, but this is a story about a young woman who rescues her husband (played by Daniel Brühl). It was there that immediately appealed to me," says Emma Watson.

Filming in Chile and visiting the sect there where the story's tragic events took place in the 1970s
: "It's an experience I will never forget. The buildings looked exactly like in the 1970s, although it is called Villa Baviera nowadays. I freaked out completely. You really wonder how such a thing could happen," says Watson.

On Harry Potter: "I've never thought of my job as something I get paid for. Daddy did not tell me how much I earned before I turned 18. It came as a real shock to me! The truth is I just like to be challenged in my job. Additionally, I have not done anything since I was nine, ten years ... This is the only thing I can. Film is my life and my home," says Emma Watson.

"This Film is my first chance to develop a role from beginning to end. I carry the whole movie and it's very different. It is both invigorating and liberating. It's really cool," she says.
Emma also briefly commented on the process it took to write her speech for the HeForShe campaign launch event at the UN last month:

Quote:
"I wrote down the whole speech in three or four hours in my hotel room. It was as if several pieces of the puzzle of my life suddenly fell into place! This was not something I just came up with that. Until a month ago, I struggled a lot with my own celebrity status, what I wanted to spend my time and how much of myself I was ready to share with others," says Emma Watson