View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
HOPEendures

Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaitlynn Hopsisk
Second Year
Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley Black View Post
Gwen took a step back. Was Hope not going to let her in? That was a little rude. Her defensive New Yorker kicked in. "I don't like people in general, so I think it's safe to say we shouldn't worry about liking each other." She snapped the words more harshly than she probably should have, and instantly regretted them when Hope said the next bit.

"Um, thanks," she said, refusing to look down, meeting Hope's eyes the whole time. "Sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it." Really. It was just a sort of automatic reflex, when someone was rude, you were rude back. However, the world kept working because of people who were smart enough to pick their battles. Hope seemed like a generally kind person, and it was the wrong battle to pick, arguing with her over something that wasn't actually mean.

The knocker said it's riddle and Gwen almost laughed. She didn't even have to think about that one, it was too easy. She looked over at Hope. "We are going in. The answer is the letter 'e'." See? That was the second riddle she'd figured out by herself. Maybe Hope was right. Maybe it would just take her a while to get the hang of it, but when she did, she intended to be an amazing Ravenclaw.

"Thank you, Hope," really. Because just giving Gwen the answer did nothing to help her learn. Hope was right, as usual.
Hope crossed her arms and stared at her. Gwen snapped and it brought a smile to Hope's lips because that just proved how much the girl belonged her. Ravenclaws may be bookish but most of the ones she had managed to meet so far have proven that Ravenclaws can also be a little on the tough side.

"It's cool. No harm, no foul. Just don't let it happen again." She was dead serious. You only snap at her once and there was the forgive but never forget policy she had in place. As Gwen gave the answer she linked their arms together. "Just remember. I'm here for you." That could both be a very good thing and a very bad thing. Only time would tell.

She Can't Help Herself. Her Mind Won't Slow Down.

Watch Out! There's A NEW Ravenclaw In Town.