View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #81 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Oh, good! It was time to go!

Sierra beamed to herself, and as she was packing up, she overheard West asking about the duplicating charm. "I can teach it you, West," she said, looking from him to the professor. She waited to see if Cerulean wanted her to, or if the woman preferred to do that herself.
"I'll practice with you if I get confused." West suggested happily, knowing that Sierra wouldn't set him wrong, she was good at making sure he got things, her and Dylan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberMoon View Post
Eliza was still finishing up her poster when class ended, so she knew she'd have to bring her supplies back to the dorm to finish it a little later. Before she left however, she heard West asking about the duplicating charm. This interested her because, well, she didn't know it either. She gathered her things and took a step towards him and Sierra. It seemed that she knew that spell, so maybe she wouldn't mind one more person learning it from her as well? That was if the professor didn't answer them first. "Hi, um," she said quietly to the Slytherins, "I don't know the spell either. Would you mind if I learned it with you?" She hoped neither of them cared, but you never knew with people sometimes. "Er, and I'm Eliza...If you didn't know." Because she knew she was sort of quiet, and didn't have all that many friends. And she wasn't sure if she'd actually been introduced to those two before, though she knew their names. They were both pretty well spoken in class and others seemed to know them pretty well, so she'd gotten their names down pretty easily. Especially when Professor Lafay publicly scolded Sierra as "Prefect Greingoth" and when Professor Botros called West things like Odess by accident instead of Odessa. Yes, she was an observant little fly on the wall a lot of the time.
"Cool by me." West said with a shrug and a friendly smile. Actually it was kinda a relief that he wasn't the only one who didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Gemma smiled as the hands started going up in the air and she had to admit that she was surprised that so many students didn't know the charm she had mentioned...what were they learning in Charms class...she walked forward and with a flick of her wrist her wand shot out of her wrist holster and into her hand. She glanced at the students and smiled, "O no worries..." the she said loudly to everyone, "If anyone else needs to learn the duplicating spell, please come up to the front."

She waited for the students to move up to the front and she smiled at them...she never thought as a Muggle Studies profesor she would ever be teaching a charm to the students. She passed around a box of Muggle crayons..."Okay everyone please grab a crayon of you choice." she said starting the passing by grabbing a Cerulean colored crayon out of the box and placing it on the table in front of her.

"Now the duplicating spell is called the Gemino charm...it's a very simple charm...and it can be made into a curse with a different wand movement, but we just want the simple charm..." should she have mentioned the curse...yes...better to head off the Harry Potter questions...then she focused back...now how should she teach this...ummm...yes...

She took a little breath, "Let's just practice saying the charm first...it's very easy to say...you pronounce it as....Gem-en-o..." she said sounding it out slowly..."Everyone give that a try..."
A crayon? Oh, to duplicate? West grabbed a green one of course and looked up.

"Gemino." He repeated verbatim, not having any trouble with that part. Something niggled at him about it though, like about things he had read, but of course he was gonna do what the professor said.

Quote:

...Naturally, it was because of his love of the spell...that he couldn't help but to point one thing out. Habit and all that..."Professor...I couldn't help but to overhear what you were saying. You were talking about the Duplicating spell...but the incantation doesn't sound right to me."...because this was something he'd studied extensively. He KNEW this...but the Captain figured he'd leave that bit out. "It's Geminio, yea? There's another I in there..." He really wasn't trying to be rude...but this was West they were talking about and it was his responsibility to make sure his Chaser was getting the material.
Oh.

West paused and looked at Dylan and then at the professor. GeminIo? That did sound right. He waited though, looking between professor and captain. Easy mistake he supposed, they sounded so the same.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you