View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Post Video: Daniel Radcliffe & JK Rowling discuss Harry Potter's nudity in Deathly Hallows

A new clip from the discussion J.K. Rowling had with Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection has been released on Yahoo! where the Harry Potter author confronted her young star about not having gone nude for the King's Cross scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 when he had done so for stage in the past with Equus in both London and New York.

Daniel Radcliffe: The one night you came and saw Equus was also the night someone threw an owl onto stage.

J.K. Rowling: That was the night someone threw an owl onto stage and you said to me, "That’s the only time that’s happened." And I said, "Well, I threw it. No coincidence."

Dan Radcliffe: And then you said something like, “Well I’m gonna have you naked in the last book then.” And I laughed. But YOU DID!

J.K Rowling: I did, but that was always – I swear on my life, I promise you – that was always planned.

Dan Radcliffe: When we’d done that, I’m not naked-naked. I’m in …

J.K. Rowling: Well, frankly, I’m disappointed because you did it in Equus so why can’t you do it for Harry Potter?

Dan Radcliffe: What we’ve done is a kind of …

J.K. Rowling: You were in a toweling robe.

Dan Radcliffe: (laughs) Yes. No. We’ve gone for that kind of that … have you seen one of my favorite films is A Matter of Life and Death?

J.K. Rowling (gasps) That’s my favorite film of all time!

Dan Radcliffe: Oh really?

J.K Rowling: How have we never discussed that before?

Dan Radcliffe: We really, really, really, really haven’t planned this, for anybody watching.

J.K. Rowling: Is that really true?

Dan Radcliffe: Yeah, I’ve got three favorite films: Twelve Angry Men, A Matter of Life and Death, and Dr. Strangelove. A Matter of Life and Death is probably, you know, supersedes.

J.K. Rowling: You have very good taste in films. That is my favorite, favorite, favorite film of all time.

Dan Radcliffe: Well, we’ve done sort of that. So the afterlife was - I’m all in grey tones.

J.K. Rowling: So if it’s a tribute to A Matter of Life and Death … actually, I told David Heyman years and years and years and YEARS ago that A Matter of Life and Death was my favorite film.

Order the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection at the Warner Bros Shop, on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk (region-free) now.