View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #161 (permalink)
SilverTiger

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Teagan Kensington
Slytherin
First Year
x5 x3
Default I think we might stick with Stella being confused as to the interpretations
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Text Cut: Professor Elwood (LOL at her excitementover Kurumi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post
Once the students had finished pulling their stones from the glass bowl on her desk she scotted it and what remained to the back of her desk and pulled her own Lithomancy rock set in a pearl white silk pouch from her desk drawer.

"Good job everyone. I am happy to see that you all have taken the time to pick out what stones spoke to you and many of you contemplated the meanings of each one and tried to match it with stones of corresponding character." Or just because they were pretty, that was a type of connection. heh. "If you haven't already, take the time to familiarize yourself with your stones by touching and playing around with them, while I take a mintue to set up the next demonstration."

Calista smiled at them all, taking note of the sparking stones on their desks, and turned to her own desk. She untied the bag and used the long string of brown twine to make a circle reading feild on the surface of her desk. She then poured her stones into her hands and felt their cool surfaces for a few minutes trying to clear her head. "Alright everyone, if you'd look up here I am going to do a reading of my own for you all to see what it is we do for this before setting you loose on your own."

Professor Elwood closed her eyes again. "You'll want to clear your mind before casting, try to think of nothing or at least try to access the beyond or your Inner Eye." Yeah easy enough. The blonde then dropped her stones into the circle with some noise seeing as it was a wooden desk and then she looked at their positions.

Quickly before doing anything else she grabbed her wand and made a swooshing motion over the reading and then pointed it at the board. A diagram of her reading feild appeared on it so they could better see.

"Now you can see how when the stones dropped they spread out for the most part with a few small clusters here and there? You want to try and drop them effectively but don't do them too hard or too gently because you will tamper with your results." They didn't want a botched future reading did they?

Grabbing a piece of chalk in her hand, Professor Elwood then began to write quickly on the board, her thoughts on her reading, and after a few minutes turned around so that they could see her notes.

SPOILER!!: Professor Elwood's Notes and Reading
Week One: The two stones present in this section are the Sun and Saturn ones. The stone alone stands for power, energy, and life while the Saturn stone stands for longevity and protection and physical ability. With the Saturn stone being a pointer, connecting with Sun in their two-stone cluster this could mean that possibly I have someone prepared to protect me against a strong energy but nothing life threatening.

Week Two/Three: Weeks two will start off calmly without much of anything happen and the end of week three will be the same. In the middle though, starting around day 6 of week two I will experience some sort of personal healing and compassion for others, possibly reconciling with a lost friend or loved one.

Week Four: The moon stone is present this week which means my inspiration, psychic ability and intuition will kick in at its highest. This week will be ideal for me to do other Divination readings and get ahead on my studies on the subject. My connection to the Beyond will most likely be strongest. The moon stone is also a pointer connecting towards Mercury in week five.

Week Five: Mercury is the only stone in this section but the Moon stone from the previous week is pointing directly at it. The Mercury stone represents intelligence, self-improvement, overcoming bad habits so a strong possibility stand in week five that because of my increased ability in Divination and physic ability in week four I will become more intelligent and improved in my readings.

Week Six: This week finds a cluster of two stones, Mars and Fire. Mars represents courage, defensive magic, battle, and conflict whereas Fire represents Passion, willpower, and outside influences. I may face an actual confrontation during this week where magic is required (which is always a possibility with the Mars stone but it is most likely going to be courage and willpower to overcome a fear of mine. But keep eyes peeled for confrontation.

Week Seven: The Universe stone has made its appearance during this week which means I will have an opportunity to just step back and see where I fit into the grand scheme of things. This could be because I am preparing your final exams (in April/May) and realize that I just finished my first year of teaching.

Week Eight: Jupiter is present in this section which is always a good stone to see because it represents money, justice, and prosperity. This week I may be getting paid my galleons for the term or perhaps Gringott’s will make a mistake and put too much gold in my vault.

Week Nine: This week I have the Air stone which represents wishes, hopes, dreams and inspiration which would come in handy for my first week of June. Final exams will be about over and I will be planning my summer, perhaps I will be hit with a sudden desire to travel.

Week Ten: In Week ten the Spirit stone shows up which means needs of the self and communication with the Divine. This is pretty spot on seeing as my parents passed away in the summer and I usually take time around this week to go back to my hometown and just remember them and such.

Week Eleven: Earth and Venus are both in this section—the sister planets. That is fitting because Earth’s stone represents security of home, family and friends which means hopefully I may run into some cousins or reunite with some old friends from either here at Hogwarts or from my days before teaching. Venus represents love, fidelity, and happiness but if you notice, it too is a pointer stone which points towards the Jupiter stone in section eight. Maybe I will discover the money that was given to me and be very happy or receive some sort of justice for a wrong done to me.

Week Twelve: No stones landed in this section so it should be a very quiet week.

"This is what I want you do now. Cast your stones into a feild made by the string that is holding your bag shut or use one of the ones over there on the table if you didn't take one of my bags and then write down your notes for each week to the best of your abilities. I look forward to seeing what your future's have in store for each of you guys." Callie eagerly wrung her hands together and watched them.

Honestly, Stella was torn as to whether or not she really wanted to try and cast her stones for a reading. She didn't want Professor Elwood to think she was refusing, but she was a little afraid of the interpretations part of a reading. It was just like Runes and Arithmancy. She was comfortable with most of the work, but trying to decide what it meant just confused her, even if she'd managed to answer a few of the discussion questions surprisingly correctly. Plus, she kept getting distracted anyhow, between Paulie's technicolor pants and then whatever was going on with Kurumi. The first thing they'd been told was to clear their mind, and it took her a few moments to even start to manage that. At least using some string to set up the field on her desk took up a bit of the slack. It made her feel like she got something accomplished, and taking a moment to focus on the most calming thing in her mind (seeing Matt again at the holidays), she slipped her stones back out of their bag and held them in a fist as she finally cleared even that thought out.

Once her mind was clear, or maybe a tiny bit foggy but nothing specific was coming through, she slowly held the hand holding her stones out over the center of her field, a foot or two above the tabletop. Luckily, the clatter that occurred as they hit the wood barely made her flinch, after so many others had already cast around her.

SPOILER!!: casting

What does it mean if stones are overlapping sections?, she wondered silently, even as she slid a piece of parchment down to at least record the placements, and maybe some thoughts. She was still not entirely sure about if she'd get interpretations right away, but at least she'd have something written down. Maybe the professor would let her mull over her interpretations for a while longer.

Text Cut: notes
meanings:
The Sun - power, energy and life
The Moon - inspiration, psychic ability and intuition
Saturn - longevity, protection, purification
Venus - love, fidelity, happiness
Mercury - intelligence, self-improvement, overcoming bad habits
Mars - courage, defensive magic, battle, conflict
Jupiter - money, justice, prosperity
Earth - security of home, family and friends
Air - Wishes, hopes, dreams and inspiration
Fire - Passion, willpower, outside influences
Water - Compassion, reconciliation, healing and cleansing
Spirit - Needs of the self, communication with the Divine
The Universe - our place in the grand scheme of things, on a cosmic level

week 1: the universe and the moon: Is the universe stone pointing at the moon stone?

week 2: empty: a week for thought, or maybe just no major events?

week 3: the sun: energy boost after the quiet week?

week 4: another empty/quiet week?

week 5: Venus and Mercury: hmm, interesting, given the class example.

week 6: Mercury(?) and spirit: self-improvement. Both stones sort of refer to this, so maybe that's important?

week 7: Saturn(?): or is this another empty/quiet week?

week 8: Saturn and fire: will I be protected from outside influences? Or is this saying something else?

week 9: air and Jupiter: dreams leading to prosperity? Or, Jupiter sort of looks like it's pointing at air, so maybe prosperity leads to me accomplishing a dream? (will I find out I got accepted to WADA in this week?)

week 10: earth: security of those around me. So maybe after the week before I'll find out that my family and friends are happy for me, or that they'll be okay while I'm doing whatever it is week 9 referred to?

week 11: Mars (and maybe water): courage or conflict? Given the previous two weeks, I'd like to think the former, but maybe something shows up that makes things difficult for me.

week 12: water and the universe(?): reconciliation, healing (of my self?). This, given week 11, only makes me think that that week is bad, but that I'll be alright. I'll accept whatever happened then and learn from it.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero