View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #153 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcus Briody Cole
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Sixth Year
x8 x8
Default Oh the drama... :P
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

SPOILER!!: Kurumi, Professor and Louisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
...try to think of nothing or at least try to access the beyond or your Inner Eye...

Again, Kurumi could hardly contain a snort and instead played it off as if she had been coughing. Nothing to see here...But, seriously. How did you not thing of anything? Telling someone to think of nothing was like telling someone not to think about pink polka dotted dragons. You just did! Kurumi dismissed the Inner Eye bit. Yeah, no Inner Eye here so Kurumi wouldn't be accessing the beyond.

First, Kurumi picked up each of her stone individually, as they had been told to do sort of, and familiarized herself with them. Which, erm, was mostly her just looking at the colors and the way the light reflected off some of them, before she set them all down on the table once more. Kurumi rummaged through her bag for something that she could use for her string and found a shoelace that she had been using to play with Walnut earlier. That should work, yes? Setting it on the table, and over a piece of parchment where she had drawn the corresponding lines to make up the quadrants and all that, she made a circle with it and then scooped all her stone up in her hands. She began to shake them gently, mixing up the various stones, and then released her hands to drop them on to the table.

SPOILER!!: Kurumi's tabletop

Leaning back in her seat a bit so she could get a better view of the whole spread, Kurumi noted that nothing had fallen in week one, so that meant nothing should happen. Which...made no sense because things were always happening. Again, Divination....guesswork...how was is possible to have nothing happen in a week's time? Whatever.

Kurumi's gaze was about to move on to the second week to make a brief analysis when the Gryffindor suddenly froze and her eyes became vacant of any expression. Her hands were on either side of the circular spread on her table, but were frozen in place. She didn't hear anything and if someone were to come up and poke or shake her she wouldn't feel that either. So, there the Gryffindor sat, her head hanging downwards slightly at the stones on the table, frozen in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post
The sounds of the students pulling out parchment and setting up there readings began to ring throughout the stuffy classroom and Professor Elwood began to float around observing their progress.

Everyone seemed to be on tract by setting up their reading fields and preparing to cast their stones. "Good work everyone, if you have any questions or need help just call me over."

As the blonde was passing over a small section of the desks she couldn't help but notice Kurumi seemed to have taken a deep interest in her stones as they fell to her desk.

Callie was happy that the Prefect had become so engrossed in Lithomancy after the girl's beliefs laid out in her previous homework. But--

She wasn't moving.

Professor Elwood knew that look. Was it possible?!

"Kurumi dear? Miss Hollingberry?" The woman tried to get the Gryffindor's attention but she didn't look up.

IT WAS HAPPENING!!!

"Kurumi you've done it! You've accessed your Inner Eye and are IN THE BEYOND!!" Calista exclaimed excitedly and clapped her hands eagerly.

Oh she was so proud!

OCC: Keep up the good work everyone, you will have until Sunday 3:00 pm (EST) to get this done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
It was when the professor made them pay attention again that Louisa saw something crazy. Paulie-crazy. Why exactly was his pants polka doted? And an ugly shade of green? Louisa grinned at his back from all the way where she was sitting. His year as Head Boy was not easy, y'know. It only meant two things; either he did that on purpose in a gesture of rebellion again his badge, or someone wanted him to look like a fool. She made a mental note to take this fact and cherish it RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE. Hehe.

Moving on..

The Ravenclaw watched the professor throw the stones and followed very intently the explanation that followed. The way she interpreted the correlation between the stones' spots and life. It was amusing. Louisa didn't believe in that fully but she wanted to try and see if it worked. None of the other methods of Divination worked before but... who knows.

She unhooked her pouch, put the stones on her lap before stretching the cloth on the desk before her. Gathering the stones in both of her hands she threw them on the desk, trying to make them scatter as much as possible and they did...

SPOILER!!: Louisa's stooooooones

Getting her parchment on her lap, the one with the notes. She started inspecting the stones and writing her interpretion on a new parchment.

SPOILER!!: Louisa's nooooooootes
Lithomancy

13 Stones & indications:
1. The Sun - power, energy and life
2. The Moon - inspiration, psychic ability and intuition
3. Saturn - longevity, protection, purification
4. Venus - love, fidelity, happiness
5. Mercury - intelligence, self-improvement, overcoming bad habits
6. Mars - courage, defensive magic, battle, conflict
7. Jupiter - money, justice, prosperity
8. Earth - security of home, family and friends
9. Air - Wishes, hopes, dreams and inspiration
10. Fire - Passion, willpower, outside influences
11. Water - Compassion, reconciliation, healing and cleansing
12. Spirit - Needs of the self, communication with the Divine
13. The Universe - our place in the grand scheme of things, on a cosmic level

Week #1: Venus & the Sun(Venus is a pointer toward the sun)
With Venus, which means happiness most probably out of its indications, pointing at the sun and making a cluster with it; it could mean that my week will be full of... great happiness. Maybe something will either happen or turn out quite satisfactory to me.

Week #2: the Sun
The stone is the sun which indicates power, life and energy. This could mean that maybe a new life will be... coming into mine. Maybe a new pet. Or plant.

Week #3: Saturn
It stands on week three on its own which means longevity, protection, or purification. That could mean maybe I'll be protected from something really bad could've happened. Or maybe get rid of some negative energy (purification?) such as anger toward something or frustration.

Week #4: Saturn & the Moon
It's a cluster of Saturn and Moon stones. The moon could be a pointer toward Saturn too, which could indicate the rising of something I've always had a hunch about coming or showing or happening. Like one of my articles getting FINALLY published somewhere.

[I]week #5[/U]: the Moon
My intuition could be really strong that week, probably due to the only stone on it which's the moon. It indicates psychic ability and inspiration as well so that could be promising me to have more inspiration in my homework and writings hopefully...

Week #6: the Earth & the Spirit
The earth stone is forming a cluster with the spirit one and is considered a pointer! That very well indicates that my friends (spirit stone indication) will be very needed during that week. Or that I need to communicate with my family more.

Week #7: the Spirit & the Fire
The spirit stone and the fire one are very close together. That week could be one that I'll express my self needs in a rather blunt and selfish way. Since Fire indicates without influence and Spirit is about one's needs.

Week #8: the Spirit & the Fire & Mars
It could indicate tens of things considering the three stones but I would go with: something could make me initiate (Fire) a conflict (Mars) with something/someone really significant (Spirit).

Week #9: Mars
A week of conflicts, apparently. And everything Mars indicates to tells me it's not the happiest week of the month.

Week #10: Water
Welp. That'd be a really logical stone to fall into this week's spot since after the week of conflicts, a week of reconciliation should be due. And that is what Water stone tells me.

Week #11: Jupiter & the Universe
I wouldn't call this a cluster really... but it could be. So it's mainly about prosperity in general; maybe winning something, or 'inheriting' something from someone. Orrr it could be justice. That week would be justice-wise prospering!

Week #12: Air & the Universe
It's a cluster of the air stone and the universe one. It indicates to wishes, dreams, and hopes. Maybe the universe - or nature perhaps would help me take another step forward in my life. Somehow.

Just as the Prefect put her quill down and was about to re-analyze her analysis, professor Elwood screamed something about Kurumi finding her Inner Eye.

....huh?

Curiously Louisa left her desk and moved slowly toward the Gryffindor and the professor. She wanted to see how exactly one would find their Inner Eye, and why was it Kurumi the girl who already had her outer eyes confused COUGHaboutboysCOUGH?

But the girl was... not moving. And her eyes were staring blindly at the desk. Louisa frowned and asked the overly excited blonde woman, "Err... Is it normal that she freezes like that?" Just to check, Louisa poked the girl gently on the shoulder.

If she fell... it meant something WRONG happened. If she snapped awake with some voodoo talk, it'd be her Inner Eye alright.

Gideon took out a clear piece of parchment and began drawing out the circle that was to represent the field for him to drop the stones of his set within. It took a bit of time and effort to do his best on making the circle as close to circular as he could get it and not look messy. The cross pieces were easier...first the main ones and then the secondary ones and finally he had the circle made and divided into twelve mostly equal parts.

SPOILER!!: Circle

Guessing now that he was done with the one part, he should actually throw the stones to cast them and see what came up. The prefect scooped them up into his one hand and shook them up a little to try and mix things up a bit then taking a deep breath he let them go over the parchment circle most of them landing within but a couple seemed to have missed the outline. Oh well...didn't seem to bad for his first try. Gideon briefly glanced between his list of stones and his cast ones but his attention was then turned elsewhere.

SPOILER!!: Cast Stones

He looked over as Professor Elwood exclaimed drawing attention to Kurumi. Except the woman apparently believed his fellow prefect was having a divination experience which Gideon wasn't so sure thats what it was. Selina was the seer...not Kurumi and he had even witnessed one of her own experiences.

Not to mention Kurumi had been acting weird at times throughtout the term, blanking out at times much like this one. "Um...professor. Not that I doubt its possible." Having seen it. " But I'm not sure thats what it is..." Gideon spoke up getting hesitantly to his feet and debating moving closer to his friend. Hopefully the professor wouldn't think he was simply an unbeliever be a bit more open minded that it might be something else. At least the Ravenclaw prefect Louisa seemed to be unsure of things as well.

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 06-10-2012 at 05:44 AM.