View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #106 (permalink)
Luna_Midnight

Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arista Royal
Sixth Year
x7 x3
Assistant Marauder | 1/2 of BenSky | Hit Wiz! | Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post
[spoiler="Smarty pants students who give answers"]"The latter Miss Eventide. Each of the 12 sections represent a week time span for the person's future." It seems more of the students had payed attention to their previous Divination Professors than she had thought.

So now for their turn to answer something. "What do you think pointers are in a reading." If they thought about clusters they should hopefully get pointers.
Nerida nodded so her answer was semi correct. She jotted down as the Professor explained, wow this was intresting stuff but she was sure confused. Clusters okay...She jotted down of what she could make of the Professor's example. Pointers?? Erm what were those.. Maybe the pointer is one of the rocks that has a point so when you drop it with the others, so it might show the direction of everything in a cluster or maybe it shows the starting point?
SPOILER!!: Nerida's Notes

Lithomancy~Divination using stones
  • To do a reading you need a stone set.
  • To do the reading: Toss the stones into a circle made of string that will act as the field. Once the stones are in the feild read them by their position.
  • There is 13 stones in the stone set. Each of the thirdteen stones represents something.
  • Field is made of string/or other material that you place on a flat surface
  • Circle feild is no longer than a foot wide
    Divided into 4 quadrants and then into 12 sectins that represent one week long periods
  1. The Sun - power, energy and life
  2. The Moon - inspiration, psychic ability and intuition
  3. Saturn - longevity, protection, purification
  4. Venus - love, fidelity, happiness
  5. Mercury - intelligence, self-improvement, overcoming bad habits
  6. Mars - courage, defensive magic, battle, conflict
  7. Jupiter - money, justice, prosperity
  8. Earth - security of home, family and friends
  9. Air - Wishes, hopes, dreams and inspiration
  10. Fire - Passion, willpower, outside influences
  11. Water - Compassion, reconciliation, healing and cleansing
  12. Spirit - Needs of the self, communication with the Divine
  13. The Universe - our place in the grand scheme of things, on a cosmic level
  1. Clusters: groups of stones that have fallen closely together and seem to have something to do with each others.

An example: In the first section (the first week after the reading in my future) 2 stones fell directly beside each other, forming a cluster, Venus and Mercury. Now perhaps that means I will be able to communicate more freely with someone I love or perhaps they will finally approach me?"

Fire works through my veins into my heart

Remember the night’s dancing under the sky