View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #105 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

SPOILER!!: Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post

The next student to speak up was a young Slytherin girl, "Not quite Miss Burton, some would assume that 13 sections would be prudent because of the number of stones we are using, but sadly that is not the case. 12 sections are represented for the next upcoming 12 week period in the reader's or subject's life."
Calista crossed her legs and rearranged her skirts before moving on. "Very good answers everyone, even those who were not technically correct, I see the thought processes that went into those educated guesses." She grinned at them all, and made a mental note of those who were taking notes.

The warmth was definately creating a cozy learning environment and she was just glad she could wear sandals without her toes freezing off. Anyways back to teaching. "Many of you suggested correctly that our lithomancy reading field would be seperated into 12 sections that represent the upcoming 12 weeks of the reader or subject's life. Mister Vickers suggested a parent seperation class before that, 4 quadrants." She paused and went to the board to draw the diagram.

"This should help you better understand the concept. The black dividing lines are the 4 quadrants, the 12 green lines mark the one-week long periods." She sat the chalk back down into it's holder and returned to her seat.

Hopefully they were all copying this down, she understood it was more information than the last lesson but it was still all very important. "Before I set you loose to do something on your own, I am going to go over one more term and then ask you for your thoughts on another. When casting the stones into the reading field we will be studying where they fall, in what sections and in relation to others. So one of the important terms to think about when deciphering your lithomancy reading is the one called Cluster/s." The Blonde paused while they students wrote away. "Clusters are exactly what they sound like, they are groups of stones that have fallen closely together and seem to have something to do with each others." Yeah, easy enough. "So here's an example, say in my first section (the first week after the reading in my future) 2 stones fell directly beside each other, forming a cluster, Venus and Mercury. Now perhaps that means I will be able to communicate more freely with someone I love or perhaps they will finally approach me?" And no that had nothing to do with her pesonal life!

So now for their turn to answer something. "What do you think pointers are in a reading." If they thought about clusters they should hopefully get pointers.

Zhenya continued to write down what she was saying, and what the other students had already said. It started making a bit of sense to her. She drew the small diagram on her page and tried to think about the stones falling off the chart or all into the one section, but the Professor started talking about that too. Some of it just muddled inside her mind, but some she understood.

And pointers? She quickly thought about what it could mean, and raised her hand "Professor could pointers be when a stone points in a direction of a section?" she asked. But how many pointers were there in the collection of stones they used? All of them? Just a few?

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move