View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Post J.K. Rowling writes new novel for adults, more details to come later this year

Little, Brown Book Group and Little, Brown and Company announced today that author J.K. Rowling's next venture will be an 'adult book', though no specifications have been given at the time. The title, the date for the worldwide publication and further details will be released later this year. Rowling commented on her new title, and moving on from the Harry Potter series, in a press release from the publisher's house.

Quote:
"Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world.

The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

UPDATE:
J.K. Rowling's website has thus been revamped to reflect the new book release; those who are interested in more information can sign up here.