View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

I must admit that I'm very hesitant to read this book; I saw it in the bookstore and truly debated getting it. I bought this author's book Shiver when it first came out a couple years back expecting... well, a novel. With the lack of plot, a plain main character that was borderline mary-sue, and a far too generic, blah borderline-feminate (not that it's bad for someone to be feminate, but for the character it felt very unnecessary and sometimes out of character) love interest that literally had me cringing at times with his dialogue and actions... it had so much potential to be great but fell flat; it would've been okay if the plot lasted longer than the first three chapters. Sure I caved and bought its sequel Linger, but out of the year and a bit that I've owned it I have yet to find the interest to read it. Because it truly felt like I was reading a lackluster Twilight fan fiction (I mean really, Sam the werewolf? Paul the werewolf? She couldn't have JUST pulled these names off a top 100 list) when reading Shiver - by the time I was a quarter of the way through, I was counting down how far I had left to go until I finished it.

SO I do honestly hope that this book is better than her attempt at writing the werewolf love story that was her Mercy Falls trilogy and lives up to the hype. I truly cannot wait to hear what the average reader has to say about it.
Especially because if not, comparing this book to Harry Potter and the Hunger Games would be quite a travesty... like comparing Twilight to Harry Potter is.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics
MalfoyzBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote