FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 740 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , Zoe , Robifw

6 members
734 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > Honeydukes (FanFiction) > Honeydukes Register (Finished FanFiction) > Finished Fanworks

Finished Fanworks Home to all the completed stories and poetry that our authors have written.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Default Betrayal and Trust Sa9+
Resident Hippie

I am not the greatest story writer. But I thought I'de give it a shot. This post more or less sets up the story so dont worry the posts will be longer next time.

Its the summer of 1692 and my mother and I have been working as seamstresses all through the year to earn money for food. The sun is shineing brightly outside, but it masks the terror the women of this town feel. The terror of doing something out of the ordinary, and then to burned by the paranoid in power. My town has lost fifty two women so far to these tyrants, as far as I know, forty nine of them have been innocent. How do I know this you may ask. Well you see, I am a witch, not the evil, cackleing, kill you children type of witch, just a witch. Magic is not a choice, as many people think, you do not have to sell your soul to Satan or perform evil rites. Magic is in the blood. You cannot help being what your are, no matter how much you try to change. They are coming, I must leave you for the time being. My name is Zirconia Stone, and this is my story.

Ta-da Tell me what you think. If I dont get any reviews then I wont continue the story because theres no point if no ones reading. Thanks guys!
Rachel

Last edited by Raider; 01-26-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

The Sweetest Thing Lissy De Vil

Oooh! A historical piece! This is a very unique and interesting idea. I'd like to see more... please?

my Rachel

... ETHICAL ... ORGANIZED ... ARTISTIC ...
Old 02-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Default Calm before the storm
Resident Hippie

Second update!

Ok maybe I should start at the beggining. About a 6 months ago a woman in our village was discovered useing a wand to levitate an object across her house, this poor woman was Emily Litare a mother of four and also a fellow witch. She was dragged to the center of town and burned at the stake. Many of these burnings followed. My best friend Samantha Lecar is the only nonwitch to know about my mother and mines powers, unfortunetly it is her father, Francis Lecar, who is the lead witch hunter. Needless to say we need to be careful around him. I guess I'll start with the morning before the first day of school.....

~*Six months previous*~

"Zirconia Stone get up this instant! Your going to be late for school!" Sara Stone yelled at her dauther as she shook her awake. "Wha... Oh hi mom. Yeah I'll be up in a moment." Zirconia answered. She rolled out of bed, as her mother walked out of the room, and dressed herself as best she could in her half awake state and walked into the kitchen. Zirconia sat down at the table and waved her wand at the eggs laying on the counter so that they cracked and began to cook over the stove. "Zirconia!" her mother yelled "Do you want someone to see??? Do you know what they would do?" Zirconia looked up with a worried look on her face. Only yeasterday Samantha had told them the terrible news, Emily Litare had been acused of witchcraft and at that moment was being dragged to the center of town. Mrs Stone had run out of the house and to the center at the news of her friends capture only to find her being bound to a wooden stake. As they light the fire Emily shot my mother a look, a look Zirconia couldnt quite place. At this look Mrs Stone ran back to her house and returned a few minutes later unnoticed by all except Emily Litare. A strange look came over her face as she began to scream, but there was something about that scream, something not quite right. Before she could figure it out Zirconia and Samantha had been shoved in the direction of the school house and told that a burning was not for them to see. As they walked into the schoolhouse they waved to their teacher Marie Black, who was sitting at the front of the room at her desk. Their lesson for that day was like any other except for the look of sadness on Ms. Black's face. After school the girls returned to the Stone residence to see Mrs Stone getting ready to go out. "Come along girls there is a meeting at the Common house." she told the girls gravely. Zirconia looked at Samantha and Samantha looked back, they knew this had to be about Mrs Litare. The girls quickly ate a few boiled eggs and proceeded to the common house with Ziconia's mother. They took their seats near the front of the room and after a few minutes Mr Lecar stood up to speak. "Ladies and Gentlemen of Salem! A very disturbing acurance happened today in our village. A witch was discovered! I ask you all now, anyone who sees odd behavior from any woman of the town is to report it to myself or Mayor Morof. We will take care of it." The last sentance was delivered with such force that Zirconia, her mother and Samantha were chilled to the bone. "And any woman convicted of witchcraft" Mr Lecar continued "Will be put to death."

Please comment guys!

Last edited by Raider; 02-12-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Resident Hippie

her Lissy! Thanks Lissy!!!! My first comment :worship: *luffs you like whoa*
Old 02-12-2006, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Very cool update Miss Rachel! You're setting the tone very nicely. I can't imagine what it must've been like when people were hunting witches, scary!

Marie Black? You know I had to point it out...

*loves*
Lissy

Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen
Flourish and Blotts Shopkeeper
Potter Nurse || Hockey obsession <3 | Go Wings! || Geaux Tigers!

Rachel. This is really good. Please post again! I love the idea of a historical narrative. As Lissy said, it's very unique!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Default Disappearance
Resident Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissydove
Marie Black? You know I had to point it out...
Teehee I just had to. Tis my tribute to Sirius *salutes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger1814
Rachel. This is really good. Please post again! I love the idea of a historical narrative. As Lissy said, it's very unique!
Thanks! I had a friend who did a historical piece on a different series and thought "Hey thatd be great for a HP story!" hehehee

Ok next update is here!

The next day Zirconia woke up to her mothers voice telling her she needed to speak with her. Mrs Stone sat Zirconia down and said " Zirconia, what I am about to say is extremly inportant, please listen and take my words to heart. You cannot, under any circumstance, use magic until these witch killings stop." Zirconia looked at the floor. She loved being a witch and what was the point of being a witch if you couldnt do magic? Sighing Zirconia answered "Yes mother. I wont do any magic."
Later the next day Zirconia and Samantha went to school as normal and on the way Zirconia told Samantha about what her mother had said. "I would have to agree with your mother Z" Samantha said "Its not worth you getting killed" she added with a concerned look on her face. They entered the schoolhouse and sat down near the front of the class, waving to Ms. Black as they did. Ms. Black rose to her feet and addressed the class "Good morning class. Today we will be taking a walk in the woods on the edge of town. Bring you sketch books and a pencil as we will be sketching various plants and animals." Ms. Black paused and waited for the class to gather their things "Ok class lets go!" The class got to their feet and followed Ms. Black out the door and onto the path leading to the woods. They spent a few hours just wandering around listening to the interesting facts Ms. Black told them as they walked. Zirconia sat down on a log with Samantha and started to sketch a small bird resting on a tree branch. As she drew, Zirconia looked up and saw the bird take off towards the deep woods, she sighed disappointed that she couldnt finish her drawing but was surprised when the bird stopped in mid-air as if it had hit a wall. It fell to the ground but quickly jumped off and took off again in the other direction. "Hmmm.. Thats funny" Zirconia thought to herself "I would say that was like magic but I dont think there is a spell that would create that kind of shield" "Z!" Samantha shouted breaking Zirconia out of her thoughts "I have been talking to you for five minutes and you havent heard anything I've said." Ziconia looked at her best friends concerned face and answered "I'm sorry. I was just thinking." Samantha nodded in response and they spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know the woods as best they could.
"Ok class! Back to the school house!" Ms Black shouted so all could hear. They all trudged back to the school house, gathered their things and headed home.
The next day Zirconia woke up and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. As she sat at the table with her mother, eating and showing her mother her drawings from the day before, Mr Lecar burst in the door. "Francis!" Mrs Stone said "What is the meaning of this!" Mr Lecar's face told them both something terrible was wrong. "Is Samantha here?" he asked. "Well no. We havent seen her since yeasterday. Why?" Mrs Stone answered. Mr Lecar's face fell as he said "Samantha's disappeared."

Cliffie!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!! *ehem* Ok I'm done.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Naughty Rachel! A cliffie! hehe Very cool post, and you know you need to update soon and clear this up!

and luff!
Lissy

Old 02-16-2006, 05:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Lobalug

Hi! Raider. Its not interesting but very, very,very....Interesting.So, plz update.
Waiting............
Old 02-17-2006, 05:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen

Ooooo! I hate cliffies!!! Post soon please!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
melany
Second

wow its a great story. its very unique and catching
Old 02-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Resident Hippie

Ehem. Here is the next update everyone! *has been dodging thrown objects since last update* teehee. Its not as long as the last updates but I am haveing a small case of writers block.

Zirconia's mouth fell open, "Gone?" she asked in shock. "Yes" MR Lecar answered "It had to be witches. Their trying to stop my finding them." Zirconia opened her mouth to argue but a sharp look from her mother made her shut it again and Mr Lecar continued "This wont stop me though. I'll find those creeps, get my dauther back and burn every single one of them!" with that he left the house slamming the door behind him.

Zirconia went to school that day very upset. Ms Black saw this and asked Zirconia to stay after school for a few minutes to help her clean up. After the rest of the students had left, Ms Black sat down and gestured for Zirconia to do the same. "Whats been bothering you today dear?" she asked kindly. "Its nothing Ms Black I asure you" Zirconia replied quietly. "Now Zirconia I know thats not true. Where was Ms Lecar today? Is she ill? And call me Marie dear." Marie said, smiling at the last part. "No Marie, she.. she... had to help her father with something at home." Zirconia answered sounding none to sure of herself. "I see." Marie said sounding like she didnt believe a word of it, "Well you sound be getting home Zirconia. I will see you after the weekend is over."

Zirconia walked home slowly thinking about all that had happened. She entered her empty house knowing her mother would be at the neighbors helping Kara take care of her mother, Mrs. Smith. Zirconia sighed and put down her lunch pail on the table, but wait, there was a piece of paper on the table. Asuming it was from her mother Zirconia picked up the paper and read it. Her eyes widened (sp?) and her mouth fell open as she read what the author wanted.

'Zirconia Stone. If you ever want to see Samantha again you will have to admit you are a witch in front of the entire town and take the consequenses. If you do not within the next two weeks Samantha will die.'

Dun Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN. Teehee. Thanks for reading and please review!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
melany
Second

aaaaah. POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!!

Last edited by Leeness; 03-22-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

*hides the object I was about to throw*

Gah! Another cliffie! You learn well, young grasshopper!

And... what jk fan said!

mah Rachel

Old 02-24-2006, 01:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen

Ooooooooooh, Rachel!!!

PAMS!! PAMS! PAMS!!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Resident Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfan
aaaaah. POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!! POST MORE!!!
EEP! I'm working on it I swear *ducks objects*

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Lissy

*hides the object I was about to throw*

Gah! Another cliffie! You learn well, young grasshopper!

And... what jk fan said!

mah Rachel
*invests in helmet* Teehee. I learned from the best Lissy! my Lissy Speaking of updateing.... *pokes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger1814
Ooooooooooh, Rachel!!!

PAMS!! PAMS! PAMS!!
*is relieved I found someone I didnt need to run from* Teehee Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Formerly: Racheya
Slytherin
Kappa

Lady Bernkastel - Witch Of Miracles More Posts than Sense

OMG!!! ma rach! you rock!! this story is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really goooood *luffs* omg your story sooo rocks!!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Moaning Myrtle
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Naomi Brown
First

this is so good!! keep on posting!! i want to know what happens!! Its an awesome story!! post more please!!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cherrinell Baron
First Year
x3
JayMay ♥ Big, yellow duckie <3

***NEW READER ALERT*** Ahhhha! A new treat for Jayness. Rachel, you're brilliant. It was very good. I liked it loads and am SOOOOO looking forward to more. You are a very great writer. GO GO RACHELKINS!!!! Plus, the title of your story is major attractive. This is an awesome ficcie.

PAMS
PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS PAMS PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS PAMS
PAMS PAMS
PAMS

Loveness and Unicorns,
~~Jay~~

Jessica's time on SS is now limited
thanks to that big and BAD thing called
real life

Old 03-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Default Spy!
Resident Hippie

Ok guys so sorry I havent posted sooner *clutches helmet* My oh so wonderful father (note sarcasm) desided that I should only have an hour and a half of internet time a day and its difficult to write and do all the things I have to do in the RP. Well heres the next chappie!

Zirconia sat down on her chair hard. She stared at the note in her hand with a blank expression for an hour before her mother came home and asked what was wrong. wordlessly Zirconia handed her the note. "Zirconia I see that look in your eye, you cannot do this. I will not permit my daughter to do something so reckless." her mother snapped as she tore the note to pieces and threw it in the fire. "Go to bed dear" she added in a quieter tone "I'm sure we'll find Samantha soon."

The next morning Zirconia woke to yells outside her window. She jumped out of bed, dressed as fast as she could and ran outside. The sight that met her eyes was horrible. Three burning houses, one of them was her neighbor Kara's house. Zirconia looked around wondering why no one was trying to put out the fire. Then she saw why. Kara, along with to other girls no older than 13, were being dragged by the mob towards the center of town. From where she was standing, Zirconia could see the three stakes sticking up out of the earth. Feeling sick to her stomache and tears filling her eyes, Zirconia stumbled back inside the house, fell onto her bed and cried. Although they had not been close, she had grown up with Kara and now she would never see her friend again. In a matter of two days she had lost two friends.

A few hours later Zirconia descided she should get dinner started, seeing her mother had been out in the field all day with some of the other witches discusing what must be done while pretending to tend to the plants. Something on the table caught her eye, a piece of paper. Zirconia's blood ran cold as she recognized the hand writing on the note.

Time is running out Zirconia dear. Make your desision or Samantha will be no more.

She threw the note into the fire, sat down on her stool and cried once again. She resolved not to tell her mother of this note, because of the already great shock she would recieve when she learned of Kara. Later that night as she lay in bed, Zirconia felt lonelier than she had ever felt in her life.

Zirconia woke a few days later to see it was Saturday and she was free to do what she wished. She ate breakfast quickly and headed out to the woods to look for clues on who had taken Samantha. The entire time one single thought was running through her head "Who besides Sam and the other witches knew I was a witch?"
After hours of searching with no clues Zirconia sat down on a log for a rest. She leaned back against the tree the log was in front of and closed her eyes. All of a sudden a rustle in the bushes made her sit straight up again. She looked over and a little ways off she saw a figure in the shadows watching her every move.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Formerly: Racheya
Slytherin
Kappa

Lady Bernkastel - Witch Of Miracles More Posts than Sense

*luffs ma rach* this is soo cool I <3 your fic
Old 03-03-2006, 07:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Another great chappie, Rachel! Darn those cliffhangers!!! Post more as soon as you can!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Moaning Myrtle
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Naomi Brown
First

Nooooo!!! ok, the story is awesome but why just leave us dangling??? please post soon!! i want to know what happens!! but the story is awesome and i love how its historic and all with the which burnings....
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Slytherin
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toni Wheeler
Third Year
Default Dissaster
Resident Hippie

Zirconia stared at the figure for a moment before standing quickly. She took two steps before tripping on a root and falling hard on the ground, unfortunetly, after she got up the mysterious figure was gone.

Zirconia walked home later that day wondering about the figure. It had looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. She entered her house expecting her mother to be in the kitchen making dinner, but instead all she saw was a pot boiling on the stove. After searching the house Zirconia started to get worried, her mother never left without telling her where she was going. Zirconia sat down on her bed and thought. The only place her mother went during the evenings had been the Smiths house, but since Kara had been killed, Mrs Smith had moved in with a family on the other side of the village. All of a sudden, Zirconia thought to go search the village. She ran outside and towards the center of town. What she saw would haunt her for the rest of her days on this Earth. It was her mother. Tied to the center stake in between the mayor's wife and Mr Lecar's sister. "No" she whispered to no one in particular as her eyes filled with tears "They cant do this. They just cant." she started sputtering franticly trying to fend off the impending tears. Her mother caught her eyes and gave her a look that clearly said "Do nothing". Mrs Stone smiled slightly at her daughter from her posistion in the center of the crowd and mouthed the words "I love you" just as Mr Lecar stepped forward with the torch.......

Zirconia did not sleep that night. How could she, her mothers screams still echoed through out her head. But there was something about the screams. The same thing that was wrong with the others, something wasnt right and Zirconia was going to find out what it was.

All night the memory of the day tortured her, until at dawn she packed her lunch and left for another day of school.

At the schoolhouse Zirconia sat in a horrified daze all day. After lessons were over Ms. Black asked her to stay later than the others so they could have a talk. Ms. Black finished clapping out the erasers and sat down next to Zirconia under the tree in the yard. "I know the loss of your mother was hard on you dear." Ms Black started slowly "You must understand the people that are doing this are scared. That does not excuse what they did and they will pay for that some day. Know this Zirconia, you have a friend in me always. I dont not believe witchcraft is wrong. I'm sorry if I am wrong in asuming that your mother was a witch, but even if she was it would make no difference. The leaders of this town have no right to kill people because of what they are born to be." After she said her piece, Ms Black rose and started on her way home.

Zirconia rose the next morning in slightly better spirits than the day before. The loss of her mother was stil with her, but knowing she had an friend helped. 'Today' she descided 'I'm going to tell Ms Black the truth about me. I hope she can help.'

Entering the school house, Zirconia was met with the sight of several students weeping and the others looking stunned. "What happened?" she asked terrified. "They took Ms Black" a boy named Marshall answered "There taking her away to be burned." The color drained from Zirconia's face. She dropped her books and took off top speed for the center of town.

The things she saw mirrored the day before. Although surprisingly Ms. Black's face was calm as they brought the torch to meet the sticks at the bottom of her stake.

Zirconia looked away as the flames rose higher, she couldn't bear to see it. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed something. A hooded figure, much like the one she saw in the woods only yeasterday. Before she could look properly the figure had dissappeared. She turned back to look up at the stakes as the last friend she had in the world left her forever.

*cries* So sad! Please dont kill me *hides*

Last edited by Raider; 03-12-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Manticore

Ministry RPG Name:
Esme Bass

Diagon Alley Employee:
Brett Carlen

Lol, we won't kill you Rache! Thanks for updating, but...*cries* That was so sad. *Sniffle* Good job, though, very descriptive. Keep up the good work!