View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

Alley Proprietor
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
Second Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Caledon Roth
The Leaky Cauldron
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston stood beside his desk, watching his students practice. For the most part, they seemed to be picking up on the spell very quickly... much more so than he'd expected. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Mr. Jarvis struggling to perform the Impervius Charm. He raised his wand to help him, but Miss Skeeter offered to help him first; he gave the girl a very appreciative smile Then he saw Miss Phillips humming and twirling under the light rain shower she'd produced, and he chuckled a little. Now there was a lively one!

The Frenchman glanced at his watch. Merlin's beard! Was that the time?! He'd completely lost track, and now they were running a bit behind. He cleared his throat to get the class's attention before addressing them, "Excellent work, everyone! But now it's time to move on to today's activity..." He paused to give the students time to find a stopping place in their charmwork before he went on, "Earlier Miss Snow mentioned the Weasley weather product line..." He cast a sidelong glance toward the girl. "Well, today we'll be creating a modified version of the Weather in a Bottle." Hence the plastic bottles on all the desks.

He pulled a bottle from the box of spares on his desk and unscrewed the cap. "Now this is a little different than just casting a weather charm into the air," he explained. "Once you've uncapped your bottle, you'll need to hold it with one hand, aim your wand into the opening and cast your spell.Be sure the top of the bottle is pointed away from you; we don't want any accidents! You may use either the sunlight or rain charm, but NOT BOTH! Two opposite spells cast into the same bottle could be catastrophic!" He waited a momet for the warning to sink in. Understood? Okay good, moving on...

He pointed his wand at the bottle in his other hand and cast a nonverbal sunlight charm. A beam of light shot into the bottle and he quickly capped it tight. "Once you've done that, screw the cap back on the bottle as tightly as you can - you'll have to do this fast otherwise the magic can escape. It may take you a few tries to get it right." Was there anything else they needed to know before he left them to it? "I've charmed these bottles to be shatterproof, but just in case, I have several spares on my desk..." He inclined his head toward the box next to him. "You may work alone or partner up, your choice. If you should finish early and want to try the other spell too, you may do so. You have the rest of the class to finish, starting... NOW!"

OOC: You have approximately 48 HOURS to do this activity. There is no post count requirement, use as many or as few as you need to complete the activity. Gaston and I will be popping back in from time to time, so if you have questions, feel free to ask us!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...